Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ben Baldwin - The instructor...

This is picture from Kenya a couple of summers ago – Nothing like chasing rhinos!

Hello, I look forward to the opportunity to get to know all of you. A little bit about me: I grew up in Southern Utah, Cedar City to be exact. I spend my youth running around in the sagebrush and red rocks of the desert. I attended Southern Utah University, where after years of taking every available science course, I received a B.S. composite degree in zoology and botany. I spent a couple of years working for the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources doing field work (primarily range plants but occasionally included chasing desert tortoises and spotted frogs, and squeezing Virgin River fish). I migrated to the north end of Utah and received a Masters degree at Utah State University in Rangeland Resources. I currently am a student again working on a PhD program in Human Dimension of Ecosystem Science and Management– it seems that I cannot get enough of school! Officially I am in 24nd grade!

I have been working at Utah State University for the past 10 years in the College of Natural Resources. I am excited to be your instructor for connections and look forward to a great time!


No comments:

Post a Comment